Monday 26 September 2011

Story Ideas

Hey Ryan / Alex,

Really excited about our story idea, it's going in a really interesting direction. I think our next plan of action should be refining this into a more solid story line and flushing out our characters. When do you guys want to meet up again?

I've been thinking about our future New York / Broadway, I think we talked about setting it in 2030? Do you think 19 years is far enough into the future for New York to change that dramatically? I'm fine with running with that, I just don't want our environment to be today's New York with an extra skyscraper.

I've made a list of things I'd like to see or hear in our trailer:

1) A sweeping shot of "our" New York.
2) Likewise - an interior shot of our Theatre. How will a future theatre depict a 1930's play?
3) Our hero character being briefed by his superior. We can use this scene to explain to our audience the plot without giving anything away. Much like Blade Runner's trailer. Or like "Bricks" trailer, the newspaper article "Local Girl Missing". Even better, our hero's case file could let everyone know?
4) I really like the idea of using the line "You must find her, she is the key..." Sounds cheesey but I think we can make it work!
5) Our hero and villain both casing the play for clues but not necessarily aware of each other. Maybe the play holds the key to finding her in some way?
6) Some sort of chase scene, or something really frenetic towards the end to finish with a bang! Maybe the villain and hero are both closing in on our girl? It's a teaser of the end of our movie?

Just some ideas. What do you think?

I'm going to start researching Noir and all of it's different branches and gather some photo's of Broadway.

No comments:

Post a Comment